Lectures by Marcus Rediker
Archived Lectures, Audio and Video
- "On Théodore Géricault’s 'The Raft of the Medusa,'" lecture at the Louvre, Paris, November 4, 2016 (audio) and a story about the lecture by France-TV, with video.
- “The African Origins of the Amistad Rebellion," The Debra L. Lee Lecture in Slavery and Justice, Center for Slavery and Justice, Brown University, February 25, 2013. (video)
- "The Amistad Rebellion," lecture, Mariner's Museum, Newport News, Virginia, November 19, 2012, aired on C-Span Book Talk, December 22, 2012 (video).
- "The Legacy of the Slave Ship," lecture, Center on Race and Social Problems, University of Pittsburgh, December 11, 2012 (video).
- "The Amistad Rebellion: An Atlantic History from Below," Keynote Address, Conference: "Empires from Below," Center for Historical Interpretation, Department of History, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, April 5, 2012 (video).
- "Haiti: At the Crossroads of Surrealism," lecture series, "Reframing Haiti: Art, History, and Performativity," Brown University, April 20, 2011 (video).
- "Lectures in History: The Slave Trade," lecture, C-SPAN3, University of Pittsburgh, filmed October 2010, televised December 2010 (video).
- "Against Terracentrism: The Sea and History," lecture, Conference, "Hydrarchy: Power and Resistance at Sea," Gasworks/University College London, September 18, 2010 (video).
- "Black Pirates: The Curious early History of the Amistad Rebellion,” the Lawrence A. Brewster Lecture, Department of History, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina, September 10, 2009 (video).
- Part I
- Part II
- “Slave Ship/Ghost Ship,” lecture, Department of Africana Studies, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, February 17, 2009 (video).
- “The Floating Dungeon: A History of the Slave Ship,” the John William Byrn Lecture, Department of History, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, March 12, 2008 (video).
- “The Floating Dungeon: A History of the Slave Ship,” lecture, Merseyside Maritime Museum, Liverpool, England, November , 2007 (audio).
- “The Real Pirates of the Caribbean,” lecture, Bristol Radical History Group, Bristol, England, November 3, 2007 (video).
- "The Slave Ship," lecture, South Street Seaport Museum/C-SPAN, New York, October 16, 2007 (video).
- “Atlantic Pirates in the Golden Age,” lecture, Old South Meeting House, Boston, June 25, 2004 (video).